Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bringing the blog back in 2013

I am excited to finally get back to blogging in 2013 after over a year away! New Year's is great as I think it compels many of us to think about accomplishments or lack there of from the last year and the year ahead. For me, 2013 is the year I turn 30! Which scares the crap out of me of course and really makes me think about all the goals and dreams I have for the future and that its time to get serious about them so I don't wake up someday and realize that too much time has passed me and I haven't gone after them! Creating a great blog where I share my passion for great style and design is definitely at the top of my list!

There are many fun condo design projects at the top of my to do list in 2013 f that have been put off for far too long:
1.) Den Design
2.) Paint Condo (Living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom)
3.) Living Room Wall Frame installation
4.) Kitchen and living room built-ins

And of course highlighting progress around from these projects and many other fabulous design inspiration along the way on this blog!

For starters I worked on my den while I had a few days off of work over new years. I've lived here for over 2 year and done nothing with this space.

Here  is the before space:


Here is some work in progress--Still very rough. My plan is to take some great Ikea PAX closet frames and work with a carpenter to use them for a custom built-in look in. I'll put doors on the PAX cabinets that you see below and span custom built floating shelves across the 2 cabinets. I also am trying to decide on a great wallpaper that will go behind the shelving to really add a pop to this small space. I am not loving any of the options below though.



The carpenter came over this weekend so I am excited to keep the progress going on this project and turn it into a really gorgeous, high functioning space!

Here are some great office design inspirations!

This gorgeous space designed by Todd Davis Architecture is one of my absolute favorites and clearly where I found some inspiration.

This space by CONTENT Architecture is another great innovative use of limited condo space for a loft in Houston. I love all the amazing storage they've been able to incorporate while also being able to completely close off the space and have it take on the identity of a closet.

No comments: