Monday, November 7, 2011

Condo Design Update

I can't wait to finish decorating my living room. So far I have been gradually acquiring core furniture pieces, but have yet to layer in any color or accessories. With the holidays approaching, I'd like to make some progress on this space so I can enjoy entertaining over the next few months. Here some sneak peak pics of the progress I've made so far.






Here is the design palette. I have two goals for this space: Beauty and Function. My condo is just under 1,000 square feet so I need  to maximize the square footage without sacrificing great design. This Room and Board sectional sofa gives me the best of both worlds: great design, comfort and lots of seating. I would like to incorporate a glass coffee table like the one shown below because its takes up minimal visual space and yet has great character with the blonde wood and metal hinge hardware. This palette combines layers of color including warm gray-brown neutrals, white and yellow. And the design plan incorporates furniture and decorative accents of brass, chrome, ebony and blonde woods and regency inspired textiles.



What do you think of this scheme? What about the yellow and gray neutrals. I'd love to hear!!

1 comment:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Very nice...I love the gray neutrals with the yellow. I also like gray neutrals with spring green and orange. Weird, huh?